August 05, 2015

2 Delicious Overnight Oatmeal Recipes

I LOVE OATMEAL!

The first time I heard about overnight oats I was a little disgusted to be honest. The idea of cold, mushy, oats just did not sound appealing to me and when I finally gave in and tried a recipe, I was NOT impressed. It was exactly what I imagined it would be...

Now, with all of that being said, I have had a change of heart...overnight oatmeal is my new favorite breakfast! I am obsessed!! I have come up with a couple recipes that I love and look forward to eating every morning. I thought I would share them for all of you who are a little hesitant to try overnight oats.

I mix all the ingredients in a mug/bowl with a seal-able lid (I use this Good Cook mug) before I go to bed and store it in the refrigerator over night.  Something like a mason jar would would great as well.

Nutella & Banana Overnight Oats


1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/2 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 or 1 tbsp Nutella
1 small sliced banana
a hand full of chopped almonds

Directions:
Mix oats, milk, and nutella in a seal-able container; top with sliced banana and chopped almonds; refrigerate overnight.

Vanilla & Peanut Butter Overnight Oats


1/2 cup old fashioned oats
1/4 cup almond milk (or milk of choice)
1 tbsp vanilla yogurt
1 tbsp peanut butter (I use Peanut Butter & Co. The Bee's Knees)
a hand full of chopped almonds

Directions:

Mix oats, milk, yogurt, and peanut butter in a seal-able container, top with chopped almonds and refrigerate overnight.


Do you have a favorite overnight oatmeal recipe? Or any oatmeal recipes for that matter? If you decide to make these recipes share them with me on twitter (@the_HollyPaige)!


No comments:

Post a Comment