August 19, 2015

3 Things I Learned in 3 Years of College

As I prepare to start my fourth year of college, I am realizing that I have learned a lot about the world around me, what is most important in life, and who I am.

Freshman at OSU-2012
I started my first year of college at Oklahoma State University. I feel in love with the school the first time I stepped foot on campus. It was everything I imagined my college campus would be...but...this brings me to my first life lesson.

1. The beautiful, fancy school isn't worth the student loans. I can't tell you how many people told me this but I didn't listen. I NEEDED to be at OSU! For one year of school I took out enough money in student loans (AFTER scholarships) to pay for almost 2 full years at my current university. And to be honest, I like my less fancy, less expensive school better!

2. Cherish all your time with family. I have always loved spending time with my family but after moving three hours away from home my appreciation for those things has only grown stronger. Now, when I go home to visit for a weekend, I want to spend every waking minute with my parents and grandparents. You can't fully understand how important they are in your life until you are away from them.

3. It is OK to feel lost!  You might feel lost in your new town, at your new school, and around all the new people. It is ok to have no idea what your life after graduation will look like or to be confused about your major. NEWS FLASH! almost Everyone around you is feeling the same way! IT WILL BE OK!

I am so excited to start my SENIOR year of college...It doesn't seem possible!

Good Luck to everyone starting a new school year. Enjoy it because it goes by FAST!

No comments:

Post a Comment