July 06, 2017

The Joy of Reading

When I was in 9th grade, my now husband, gave me his favorite book to read. This started my love for reading. Until that point in time, I had never really enjoyed it because I struggled to read quickly and hadn't found a book that really hooked my attention. To this day (nearly 10 years later) I am thankful for the encouragement of a sweet boy and The Thief Lord.

There is nothing better than settling into the sofa with a cozy blanket, a cup of tea, a cuddly puppy, and a good book. I want to encouraging you to loose yourself in a great story. Being able to to let yourself get sucked into another world is a great skill to have. I have been to Venice stealing from the rich to give to the poor, I have been a student at Hogwarts and battled against He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named, I have cried as Bailey found his true purpose in life, and I have laughed as Amy Poehler told stories about her time on Parcs & Rec. If you haven't found that special book, the one that makes you crave reading, I hope you do soon.

Harry Potter transported me to a new world and made me feel like a true wizard. [I am currently waiting on an Amazon order to arrive with the final book, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows.]

A Dog's Purpose made me laugh, it made me cry, and it made my squeeze my sweet Amora girl (Australian shepherd) a little tighter.

Yes Please encouraged me to chase my dreams.

Kira Kira made me look for the beauty in every situation and every person.



No comments:

Post a Comment