March 04, 2015

Essetial Oils 101

I'm sure you have all seen the hype about essential oils. Some of you may be skeptical and others may be interested in learning more, so I thought I would share my essential oil story in hopes of helping you better understand what all the hype is about.

I won't lie, I was skeptical at first. I had a friend introduce me to Young Living Essential Oils in June 2014 and she swore that they had changed her life. After hearing her rave about them for a month or two I was convinced, I had to try these amazing oils, and I am so glad that I did!

Essential Oils// How I use my young living oils https://www.pinterest.com/the_hollypaige/  thehollypaige.blogspot.com

After using essential oils for a little over six months they have become a part of everyday life, I don't know how I ever lived without them. The main things I use oils for are acne, allergies, headaches, detox, immune support, lifting my mood, and helping me sleep.

Young Living Essential Oils: lavender and peppermint thehollypaige.blogspot.com

Ahh...Lavender, my favorite! I have always loved lavender scented things and I always found the scent to be relaxing but nothing has ever compared to this pure lavender oil! Lavender works great for clearing my sinuses and soothing any sinus headache I have. I also love to mix lavender oil and water in a small spray bottle to spray on my pillow before I go to bed, the smell helps me relax and sleep more restfully. 

Peppermint is what I reach for as soon as I feel a headache starting, even my boyfriend has started using peppermint oil for headaches (he thought I was crazy for using essential oils until I talked him into trying this). My favorite thing to do for a headache is mix a little lavender and peppermint with grapeseed oil and massage it onto my temples. Not only is the smell heavenly, it works like a charm for me!

young living essential oils: detox, acne, and immune support thehollypaige.blogspot.com

I have struggled with acne for as long as I can remember and I have tried every prescription and over the counter medication to help. Now, all I use in Purification oil! When I see a blemish starting to show I put a little dab of purification on it and its gone within a day or two. It is amazing!

I also love to use my oils when I'm feeling lethargic and like I need a little detox. I put a few drops of Lemon oil in my water or tea and it helps me feel more alert and focused. 

I can't tell you how many times I have started feeling like I was getting a cold or something and stopped it with the incredible Theieves oil! When I feel even the slightest bit sick I rub this on my feet, down my throat, and start it in my diffuser. Within hours, I start feeling healthy again! This is so great when I'm busy with school and don't have time to be sick.

young living essential oils: Joy-mood lifting oil. thehollypaige.blogspot.com

Joy! We all have days when we wake up on the wrong side of the bed; we don't feel like working or socializing or doing anything. When I wake up this way I immediately grab my joy oil, rub a drop over my heart, and say a pray. I instantly feel better! It smells great and keeps me feeling joyful all day. There really isn't much more to be said about this oil, I just think it is something everyone should keep handy. 

I hope this helps if you are interested in learning more about essential oils. If you have questions feel free to ask and I will do my best to answer!  

Do you use essential oils? If so, I would love to know what you favorites are and how you use them! 

Disclaimer: This is my personal testimony as to my personal experience with essential oils. I am not a doctor or medical professional. It is in no way meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition in any person.


No comments:

Post a Comment