April 15, 2015

Delicious Green Tea Smoothie

Is it just me, or can smoothies only be drank during warm weather? I just can't bring myself to drink a cold, icy drink when it is cold and icy outside. So with the weather being a little more desirable lately, I decided that I need a smoothie. I was in to mood for green tea and fruit so I decided I would just throw a little of everything in the blender and make a smoothie. Thankfully, the end product was delicious, so I thought I would share my "recipe" with the rest of the world. 


Green Tea Smoothie

1 cup strong brewed green tea
1 banana
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/4 cup frozen pineapple
1 tbsp honey 
1 tsp chia seeds (optional) 
Ice (until desired thickness)

I started by brewing a cup of green tea with honey. I used 2 tea bags to make the tea super strong, but 1 tea bag would be fine too. While the tea was steeping, I blended the banana, frozen blueberries, frozen pineapple, chia seeds, and some ice. After the tea had steeped about 3 minutes, I poured it into the blender and blended everything together. Finally, I blended in more ice until the smoothie was the desired thickness; I don't like my smoothies very thick so I don't use a whole lot of ice. 

If you prefer a little more sweetness you could try adding more honey or sugar and if you like a creamier smoothing, I think it would be great with some greek yogurt mixed in. 

I hope you enjoy this recipe, let me know if you try it and what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment