May 29, 2015

Travel Diary // South Padre, Texas

Unfortunately, my summer break is being cut short by summer school but I am making the most of my short break! You may have seen that I spent some time in Denver, Colorado (here) but I also had the chance to go to Texas and spend some much needed time with friends. My mom, two of my best friends, and I spent about 6 hours a day, for two days, laying on the beach. It was fabulous!

Between the perfect weather and the soothing sound of the ocean, it was easy to fall asleep which also meant that it was super easy to get sun burnt. Which leads me to my next point....skip the easy spray on sunscreen and go for the lotion! You will thank me when you wake up with an even sunburn rather than red strips all over your body ;)





One of my favorite things about the trip to South Padre was visiting the sea turtle sanctuary for injured sea turtles. It was so interesting to see all the beautiful sea turtles and learn more about what is being done to keep them from going extinct. 


If you visit the website you can watch live videos of some of the turtles!  www.seaturtleinc.org 







No comments:

Post a Comment