June 07, 2015

Wedding Thoughts


Warning: this post will include my totally random and unedited thoughts so it might not make a whole lot of sense.

So, if you haven't heard, I'M GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!  (See proposal pictures here)

As far as wedding plans go, we haven't done a whole lot so far. We have set a date, booked a photographer, and reserved the ceremony and reception venue.

We have also decided on a color scheme but we have no idea what we will end up doing for decorations. To see what we are thinking you can follow our wedding pinterest board!


{If you are planning a wedding, I would highly recommend The Knot wedding planner. It has a timeline, advice, contact sheets, and it is a great way to keep everything wedding related in one place. It is perfect for the overly organized bride. The only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the budget it goes by is way more than mine.}

Now, lets move on to more important things...

As we plan our wedding, I want focus on the fact that in less than one year I will become Brandon's wife! This something I have been dreaming about for years. I don't want to become overwhelmed by planning the perfect wedding.

Sure, I would love for every detail of the day to go perfectly, but I know that may not happen. It might rain, the flowers might be the wrong color, decorations may not be what I envisioned, someone I'm counting on may let me down, and who knows what else may happen that day. But all that really matters is that Brandon and I show up and vow to love each other for the rest our lives!


Also, everyone, literally every person I talk to, says that they don't remember very much from their wedding day...this makes me so sad! I don't know what I can do to keep this from happening, but I am on a mission to figure it out! I want to remember the look on my groom's face as I walk down the isle towards him; I want to remember who is there to celebrate with us; I want to remember what it feels like to kiss Brandon for the first time as his wife; I want to remember what my daddy says to me before he walks me down the isle to the man of my dreams; I want to remember ALL of it!!

Thanks for letting me ramble! I can't wait to marry my best friend!

If you have any advice for wedding planning, please let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment