May 06, 2015

Using Essential Oils in a Diffuser

Hello essential oil lovers and beginners! I have been using oils for about 10 months and have completely fallen in love. You may have read my Essential Oils 101 blog post earlier this year explaining how I use oils on the daily.

One of my favorite ways to use essential oils is in my young living home diffuser, you could of course use any diffuser you wish. It is a great way to fill the whole house with the healthy, uplifting, and relaxing oils. There are a few oil combinations that I think are fantastic so I thought I would share them for anyone who is new to the essential oil world or is wanting to try something new.


For better sleep. Diffusing lavender and peace & calming when you are going to bed can be really helpful in getting a restful night of sleep. I like to use two drops of each. When I use these oils together I sleep too good (if that's possible), I find it super hard to wake up the next morning. If you have this problem, lavender is great by itself too.

To lift your mood. I love diffusing Joy and Lemon together (2 drops each). The smell is heavenly, it helps me focus, and it puts me in a better mood if I'm feeling down. Again, both of these oils are great diffused on their own as well.

For allergies. Now, if you are familiar with essential oils you will probably be well aware of this little combo but for those of you who are new to the EO world, this is a great combo to remember. Lemon, lavender, and peppermint (2 drops each) clear my sinuses and relieve sinus headaches.

For when you are getting sick. THIEVES!

To freshen your home. You know how sometimes the air in your home just feels old? Well when I fell like my air needs to be freshened I love diffusing a few drops of plain lemon oil. It is refreshing, uplifting, and leaves the air smelling great.

These are just a few of my favorite ways to use oils with my diffuser. If you have any recommendations or questions let me know!

Disclaimer: This is my personal testimony as to my personal experience with essential oils. I am not a doctor or medical professional. It is in no way meant to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease or condition in any person.

No comments:

Post a Comment