January 09, 2016

A New Year




Now that we are nearly two weeks into 2016, I thought it was time for me to share some of my thoughts. I'm not particularly fond of setting 'new year resolutions'. There is something about setting year long goals that is really intimidating to me. So, I thought that this year I might try setting new goals for each month (I guess that's kind of a resolution isn't it?) I also had the idea that if I put each month's goals in writing and on the internet for others to see, I might be more successful in sticking to them.

So, here are my goals for January 2016!

1. Read more for pleasure. I used to love reading but the busier college gets, the less outside of school reading I do. After spending hours reading and doing homework for school, all I want to do is watch Netflix. But, I think reading would probably be a better way to spend my free time.

2. Eat more vegetables. (and not just green beans) You know, more of those real, delicious, healthy, interesting vegetables.

3. Try new recipes. Brandon and I cook 5-6 nights a week but we have gotten in the habit of just rotating through several meals that are easy. I want to be more adventurous in my cooking!

4. Blog more. This kind of goes along with reading more; I need to spend my free time doing something besides watching Netflix.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS ABOUT 2016...

This is going to be a HUGE year! Brandon and I are both graduating from college with bachelor of science degrees in biology. We are GETTING MARRIED!!! We are hopefully starting graduate school and possibly moving to a new city.

I am so excited...and nervous...for the year ahead and I can't wait to see how it all unfolds!

I hope your new year is off to a great start!


No comments:

Post a Comment