May 14, 2016

Wedding Week Thoughts

ONE WEEK from today, I will marry my best friend! Over a year ago, when we picked May 21, 2016 as our wedding date, I remember thinking "oh my gosh that's so far away". Little did I know, that year would go by faster than any previous one.

As this week approaches I am trying to remain focused on one thing...I AM FINALLY MARRYING BRANDON!  I don't want to get caught up in all the little details. I know there are things that need to be finalized this week in order for the wedding to go smoothly and as planned, but I am doing my best not to stress about them.

On August 28, 2007, Brandon asked me to be his girlfriend. We were 13 years old. Nearly 8 years later, Brandon asked me to be his wife. We were 21 years old.


I have been dreaming of being Brandon's wife for about 6 years. I have never been more excited for anything in my life. People keep asking me if I'm nervous and every time I wonder what I'm supposed to be nervous about. I am marrying the man of dreams. The man that I want to spend the rest of my life with. A man who loves me, not despite, but because of my flaws. A man who supports and encourages me no matter what. A man that makes me laugh when I want to cry and who holds me together when I feel like falling about. A man who will sit in a park for 30 minutes while I swing on a swing set because it makes me feel like I'm flying.

The only thing I might be nervous about is falling when I walk down the isle...



[photos by KD Photography]

I'm excited for late nights of finalizing decorations and food. I'm excited to wake up Saturday morning surrounded by my best friends. I'm excited to spend all morning laughing and having fun while getting ready for the day. I'm excited to see Brandon's face when he sees me in my dress for the first time. I can't wait to walk into the church full of friends and family who are excited to celebrate with us. I AM EXCITED TO BE A MRS!! 

Bring on this crazy, wonderful, busy wedding week!

No comments:

Post a Comment