February 01, 2016

February 2016 Goals

You may have seen my post at the beginning of January about setting new goals each month rather than setting a single large goal for the new year. (you can read it here)
Though out the month of January, I found that setting a couple simple goals and more importantly, writing them out, made it much easier to stick to them.

Update on January's Goals...

In January, one of my goals was to read more for pleasure. I have been reading Yes Please by Amy Poehler and it is EXCELLENT! I love the way she writes and the content of the book is great. It's insightful and hilarious at the same time! I would recommend it to everyone! I also wanted try new recipes and I have really been enjoying it. I love to eat and searching for new, healthy recipes each week has been a lot of fun. This has also helped me accomplish my goal of eating more veggies. A few of my favorite places to find new recipes are Pinterest (of course), Yummly, and YouTube (specificity, The Domestic Geek and Mind Over Munch).

New Goals...


During the month of February, I plan to continue working on January's goals as well as adding in a few new ones.

1. Exercise More! This is my main goal this month. As you may know, I have scoliosis and have had correctional surgery. This has resulted in some chronic pain and I KNOW that being in better shape helps me to have less pain. I have done Yoga with Adriene yoga routines in the past and loved them, I just need to start doing them again. In addition to feeling better, I'M GETTING MARRIED and I want to feel and look my best on my wedding day.

2. Drink More Water! The amount of water you drink effects your energy level, digestive health, skin, and so much more! Various water intake calculators suggest that for my body size and activity levels, I should drink anywhere from 55 ounces to 70 ounces of water per day.

I hope that each of you have a great month and good luck if you are setting new goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment